Marketing Offline Online -I have an opportunity for some great guest posts for my site.
GUEST POST GUIDELINES
My level of audience that I write for is intermediate or advanced bloggers. Primarily B2B for business owners
Content is general concepts or detailed tutorials on marketing, small business, and social media
So far the guest posts on my site have done very well, getting as many comments and social sharing as myself the owner.
The first thing to remember about a great guest post is that it is not about your business, your products, or your services. Guest posts should be valuable sources of information – not advertisements! Any information about your business and related items should be reserved for the author bio. Occasional mentions, stories, or examples are OK to illustrate a point, but the majority of the post should be focused on something other than your business.
Format Posts Like the Ones on the Site
- Take a look at posts on this blog.
- Do they use lots of headers, bolded text, images, quotes, or another special formatting?
- Make sure that your post has similar elements to match other posts on the site.
Include Internal and Source Links
Show the blog owner that you know their content by including a few internal links back to some of their posts.
The easiest way to do this is to do a Google search for site:domain.com intitle:keyword. This will get you the top posts on
a particular keyword so you can link that post to the keyword in your post. Also, if you mention any specific products, books, etc., be sure to link to those too (assuming it’s not self-promotional).
Include a Call to Action at the end of your excellent guest post, be sure to include a call to action for comments.
The more discussion your post generates, the better!
How to Craft a Great Guest Bio
The most important part of guest blogging (for you) will likely be your guest post bio.
This is usually the only place you should include self-promotion links back to your website, blog, product, service, book, etc. What you write in this section will depend on your guest blogging goals.
- If your goal is to get good backlinks, just make sure your bio includes a link back to your website with your target anchor text and you are all set.
- If your goal is to get traffic back to your website, then you might want to consider where you want that traffic to go.
- Depending on the subject of your guest post and the audience of the blog you place it upon, you might want to send traffic to a custom landing page or page about a specific product/service
- If your goal is to increase followers to your social accounts, do this by adding a line to the end of your bio that says “Follow me on (insert your top social network and link here).”
How to Be a Good Guest Blogger
If you’re aiming to become a regular contributor to my blog, or simply want the blog owner to brag about what a great guest blogger you are, then be sure to do your best to promote your post to popularity through your own audience. The blog owner will love it if you send new readers their way. Also, be sure to reply to your comments! That will go a long way if you are working to build authority in your industry.
1. Submissions must be well written and have a main idea or subject with lessons talking about this idea. You are encouraged to use images with links such as Pinterest images of 700 x 900, Facebook images 180 x 180 or Instagram images 1080 x 1080 and or videos. Lumen5 is free to use.
2. Submissions should be between 800-1500 words.
3. Submissions should be written in English and be well edited and formatted. I will reject articles with spelling and grammar and formatting issues.
4. Submissions should include the author’s bio. Add a link to your site in the bio and also your social profiles.
5. Please adhere to copyright rules. If you quote someone’s work you must link to it.
6. Affiliate links, link selling, link stuffing are not accepted and will be rejected.
7. If you intend to write a post for advertising purposes or write a sponsored post, you need to contact me first.
If you have any questions regarding the process, see the chat window or send me an email on the contact page
Thank you for wanting to be a guest poster!!!