What do you want in 2017?

What do you want ?

Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs…. The future can be better than the present and I HAVE TO POWER to make it so.

What do you want in the new year?

It  may take many years to figure out  “what do I want?” Is the time wasted while you are searching for that “what I want to do with my life?” No, it brings you closer to finding out -what you don’t want to do!

I spent many years in sales. I  learned to be good at selling. However it just wasn’t something I really wanted to do.   I spent many  years  as a cosmetician, esthetician, doing home parties or  standing in high heels for hours -all day. I even trained and worked as a cook, because I liked cooking.  It ended up to be the worst job experience I ever had.  Very hot kitchens in summer, managing a kitchen staff on 12 hr shifts! Extremely hard work. Also very low pay!

Do you have  goals that you want to achieve?  You  will do  better  if you are happy now, not trapped in  a job that you hate. Life can be short, we are not promised a long life, any of us. If you do not enjoy what you do, you are wasting your time there. If you have to start a business while working outside the home, you should do so. Many people suffer in a job but also start a business on the side and that makes such a difference.

What You Can Do To Start Your Own Business.
All those paths I mentioned led me to what I love to do now. When you love what you do, the future can be amazing. I am now a  successful small  business owner with a 10 year business as a property management company manager – owner. I also have an online  business  for small businesses who want to connect their businesses to the internet.  I named my company  Marketing Offline Online.

“You might be in the right place at the time, but if you don’t grow quickly as a person to that higher level, your income is going to come back down to the to the level of who you really are. In the end you only get to make what you are.”  – Eric Worre  (A top marketer  online.)

After listening to many successful marketers, for several years. I have concluded that the way to be successful in business is to first be successful as a person. Are you a prisoner of your mind? Have you have been there for some time? You need to break free. You need to do it NOW.

Your Vision Of What You Want Your Business To Be.
It begins with what your vision is for the life you want. Goals alone are not enough. They won’t get you past the tough days. Yes there will be tough days!  The same for your “why”. Your vision of who you truly want to be is what makes all the difference in the world to your attitude.  This is what will keep you going when the going gets tough and you feel like giving up.

Start a vision board, this makes it real for you. Either an actual board or something online such as a Pinterest board. Add all the things that you want in your life onto the board. Where you want to go in the future. What you wish to obtain for yourself and your family. When you have fully understood this, and truly believe  it. This  WILL totally change your life.

First Step
 1.You have to believe that your life can be better  -than where you are currently.

Second Step –
2. Is something holding you back?
F.alse
E.vidence
A.ppearing
R.eal

Third Step –
3. Lack of knowledge?

You can learn whatever you need to learn online today. There are so many training courses, webinars,  helpful groups. Training for whatever you need to know, for personal growth, education, business know how, spiritual enlightenment.

Fourth Step –
4. You can get there despite any excuses as to why you haven’t have made it – yet.

Excuses like:  why you haven’t have made it – yet.
no money – people in worse situations that you have found the money they needed to buy what was necessary to move forward.
no time – we all have the same 24 hrs. You will make time for something that is vital to your future.

What Kind Of A Person Do You Want To Be?

• It will never happen if you don’t see it first
  • Tell yourself where you want to be in the future
  • What do you want?

WHAT DO YOU SEE IN YOUR FUTURE?
Do you want a new car?

f420ca75-d582-40b9-853b-6cbe0bd3a0cc

( My new car! A  White Toyota Corolla) I really love this car!!

What color is it?

Where will you go in it?

• Do you want to loose weight? Put a slimmer YOU pic on the refrigerator. Join a weight loss group.

Do daily exercises at a gym. What will the loss of weight enable you to do? Better health.

• Do you want to retire? What will this enable you to do?

What would your Mondays look like? Would you travel? Where?

How Do You See Yourself  In your minds eye?
Imagine your dreams first. Know what you want in your life.  When you know what you want,  then work hard, put all your heart into what ever you do.

You will get what you want.  You will be successful.

“You must expect great things of yourself.”
Micheal Jordon

You have greatness within you. Allow yourself to show it.
I AM the type of person that can succeed!
I AM someone of value!
I HAVE a story that needs to be shared.

The 3 most important questions to ask yourself
How do you want to grow?

• Experience
  • Growth
  • Contribution

Tony Robbins says that without Growth and Contribution Experience doesn’t count for much. He also says…
“If you find yourself saying ‘I can’t do something,’ but you know it in your heart of hearts that if you do it, you’re going to grow, you’re going to be a better person, it’s going to contribute to your family or to your kids or to something that matters, and you keep saying ‘I can’t do it,’ there is no question — you MUST do it! You don’t discuss it anymore. You just take immediate action… You do what’s necessary.”

Sometimes you need to take a drastic leap to do something that you know you have to do. Anything that seems difficult is probably going to be worth it. – Tony Robbins

In conclusion

It’s not about goals, or how you are going to meet them. It’s really about growing to become the person that can accomplish the goals that you see and actually meet them.

If you would like to chat about your goals for 2017. See my contact page for 15 mins chat, free with me  to discuss “what do you want” in 2017 concerning business online. I use Facebook to contact you. All the best in 2017!

About Kathryn R. Maclean http://www.facebook.com/marketingofflineonline
Long time blogger with WordPress /domains & hosting. A certified Social Media Campaign specialist using Facebook, Twitter Pinterest and Google + & Instagram. Affiliate & Network Marketer using resources such as:  The Power Affiliate Club – Expert Author & welcome coordinator for PAC.

CLICK TITLE OF ARTICLE TO LEAVE A COMMENT.

Please follow and like us:

20 Comments

• emi

December 18, 2016 at 7:03 pm Reply

Hi Kathryn,
    This is a very good question my friend. I was just thinking about it earlier today. It’s easier to get to your destination when you know the arriving point.
    Thank you for sharing!

• kathrynruth

December 20, 2016 at 1:36 pm Reply

Hi Emi,
      You are right my friend. Having a starting point with a map to your destination is very important.
      How you actually go about doing this is the object of my next article. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

• Chery Schmidt

December 18, 2016 at 7:27 pm Reply

Hello Kathryn. You have given us quite a bit to think about here right before the new year! What Do I Want? Awesome! I have taken some good notes and will journal about this for the next few weeks..

Great Share
    Merry Christmas My Friend
    Chery :))

• kathrynruth

December 20, 2016 at 1:30 pm Reply

Hello Chery,
      Thanks for your comments. What Do YOU want for the new year? I think that we should really ask ourselves that question. Journaling is a great way to actually answer that question. Merry Christmas my friend to you and your family. Happy New Year!!

• Amaka Adindu

December 19, 2016 at 4:47 am Reply

Great post “What do you want ?” Believe it or not most people spend the most of their time on things they don’t want just because they don’t know what it is they want. Goal is important and you are right it does not end there. Yes! there will be hard time. The passion of doing what you want will always help you pull through the tough time.
    “Finding out what one wants is the key to success and to happiness”Amaka Adindu

• kathrynruth

December 20, 2016 at 1:27 pm Reply

Hi Amaka,
      I would say you certainly got my message in my article. Goals are so important to live your life and your business with a sense of purpose. If your WHY is strong enough it will carry you through the tough times.
      Finding what you really want in life is the most important goal anyone can have.
      Thanks for your comments. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

• Donna Merrill

December 19, 2016 at 5:32 pm Reply

Hi Kathryn,

With so much going on at year end, it slipped my mind of what do I want for 2017. My fiscal year ends in November. December is the month that I create things for the new year. But when it comes down to mapping my future in my mind’s eye….I have to admit I’ve been pokey about that.

Thanks for the reminder because this is something that is so important. It all starts in our mind, then with our affirmations and actions do things become possible.

-Donna

• kathrynruth

December 20, 2016 at 1:22 pm Reply

Hi Donna,
      Interesting that your business ends in Nov giving you Dec, a month in which to create new things for the next year.
      The holidays may not be ideal for everyone to do this depending on your family commitments but for me it makes excellent sense as a time to plan for the new year. I like how you put it…
      “It all starts in our mind, then with our affirmations and actions do things become possible.” I may quote that. Thanks for your comments. All the best to you and David in the new year.

• Joy Healey

December 19, 2016 at 7:24 pm Reply

Hi Kathryn,

I must confess I’m not good at goal setting and vision boards etc. I don’t have a lot of “material” requirements. Most of what I aim for is to feel good about my achievements.

But excellent post to get out thoughts racing.

Joy – Blogging After Dark

• kathrynruth

December 20, 2016 at 1:16 pm Reply

Hi Joy,
      Organizing with any type of material be it a vision board or a spreadsheet to keep track of things helps.
      Thanks for your comments Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!

• Gaurav Kumar Joshi

December 19, 2016 at 9:53 pm Reply

Hi Kathryn,

There is no doubt that experience, growth and contribution can do wonders in the life of a person and his business. Not all understand these things, especially the newbies.

But with the time they will know that it takes time to learn from experience and use that experience to grow and gain contribution from worldwide community.

It is also really necessary to understand what do you want.

Thanks for sharing.

• kathrynruth

December 20, 2016 at 1:13 pm Reply

Hi Gaurav,
      Learning from experience is the way that most people learn about blogging.
      Understanding the big picture of what you do want specifically with your business is key.
      Thanks for your comments, do visit again.

• Ravi Chahar

December 29, 2016 at 6:51 pm Reply

Hey Kathryn,

We all have something to dream. Everyone tries to work hard enough to reach on the top but only a few have that.

In the upcoming year, maybe people will try to build their rock solid business.
    Thinking about the future won’t work. You have to devote your time and efforts.

I know the next year is going to be the shining one.
    ~Ravi

• kathrynruth

December 30, 2016 at 2:53 pm Reply

Hey Ravi,
      Great to see you visiting my blog. I do agree with your comments! Devoting time and effort in others words will work to move your business to the top. The next will be YOUR time and mine to shine.

• pavan

December 30, 2016 at 8:11 am Reply

Hello kathrynruth,
    I want to be successful in the coming year 2017..i want to be successful in my blogging.. i wish you also achieve your desire in the coming year…learning is always on ..it never ends…and happy new year

• kathrynruth

December 30, 2016 at 2:55 pm Reply

Hi Pavan,
      Wanting to be successful is just a wish. Working on learning to be successful is the goal.
      Take a look at PAC listed on my site. We teach blogging and marketing for no charge!
      Happy New Year!

• Emenike Emmanuel

January 1, 2017 at 1:45 am Reply

Hi Kathryn,

I have lots of goals piled up this year but I have done justice to them by streamlining them in a way it will be easy to achieve by making them revolve round my business blog, publishing career and freelance writing. By the grace of God, I have already defeated fear long ago when I had the courage to spend my last cent to set up a blog without knowing exactly what to do next. I settled for free tools until my blog started making money to sponsor the upgrading. I’m still planning on more expansion this year.

Thanks for calling my attention to my vision for 2017.

• kathrynruth

January 4, 2017 at 5:54 pm Reply

Hi Emenike,
      Thanks for your comments on my article. Setting up a blog can be done on Blogger for free.
      You can also get a domain to use with it. Great for beginners to practice blogging. To actually
      own your own blog though you can not beat a hosted WordPress blog.

• Ved Amin

January 2, 2017 at 5:02 am Reply

Hi Kathryn:
    Happy New Year.
    The eternal question
    What do you want?
    So simple and yet
    The answer is so hard
    Most people go through life
    Not knowing what
    They really want in life
    And that leads to
    So much unhappiness.
    Great post.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Best wishes and regards.
    Ved

• kathrynruth

January 4, 2017 at 5:49 pm Reply

Hi Ved,
      Thanks for your views on my article “What do you want in 2017”.
      Happy New Year to you.