Are Your Social Media Site Profiles Optimized?
Updated from June 19, 2017 with new info Nov 9, 2020
Make use of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram to share your business story. Do it in a way that motivates & inspires potential clients to connect and engage with your business.
You should make sure that your profile has been completed without blank spots. Fill in all info. A professional profile picture on multiple social media channels will help build your personal brand.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a visual bookmarking tool. Pinterest helps you discover and save your creative ideas. Pinterest is the world’s catalog of ideas. It also is a huge search engine, like Google. Find and save recipes, parenting hacks, style inspiration and any other idea that you would search on.
People come to Pinterest looking for ideas for everyday life. Someone might go to Pinterest looking for recipes, then they come upon some kitchen ideas and then find a new backsplash or a wall colour that appeals to them. That’s the magic of Pinterest. So visual, it’s easy for people to spot ideas that they love.
1. Join as a Business
Set up Your Business Account
Confirm your Website and add the Save P button
2. Pinterest PDF Resources & Guides
. Make your website Pinterest-friendly
. How to make great Pins
. Pinterest Ads Manager
. Pinterest Analytics
Pinterest is the world’s catalog of ideas. Works like a search engine.
Find and save recipes, parenting hacks, style inspiration and so many other ideas to try.
3. Pinterest is not magical. Just like anything worth doing in the business world, you just can’t throw together a Pinterest account and hope it will drive traffic to you. It just doesn’t work that way. You do need an intentional strategy with some advanced planning to make Pinterest work for you.
4. You can find very good Tailwind videos on what is strategic in getting traffic, from Pinterest. Ready to ROCK your Pinterest strategy?
Stefan Ciancio has written an article on how to use Tailwind to get more exposure on Pinterest . It can also be used for Instagram as Tailwind is an official partner of both platforms.
Pinterest Traffic Free
5. Pinterest is full of quotes. Create your own. I use Photos of mine or a solid background for Pinterest and Instagram images that are done on Canva,I use the free version or you may like the paid version.
6. My Most Popular posts on Pinterest – See your analytics on Tailwind. Recently my article on Starting a Blog had 1,819 impressions.
7.My boards Visit my Pinterest boards here
Instagram focuses on more Engagement on this platform, even more than Facebook and Twitter.
Businesses should really consider a strategy to get on Instagram and engage with all those millennials!
Like to be a better marketer for your business?
Tools for small business owners can save you time and money.
My unique tips for more engagement with website content -see a number of tools for small business owners on my page about Social Media here
Are you using social media to reach new customers?
Have you tried using Instagram? Instagram boasts 15 times more engagement than Facebook, or Twitter.
Is there a place for Instagram in your marketing plan?
Instagram is more than a fun, photo-based social network, I do love putting my photos there.
Do you know how to connect with others on Instagram?
Instagram can reinforce your relationship with current followers while giving you opportunities to meet new fans and influencers. Discover four ways you can create deeper connections with followers and industry influencers who can generate leads and get customer feedback using Instagram Direct.
If you don’t measure your results, how will you what’s working? And how will you know what to post on Instagram in the future?
7 easy ways to monitor the most important metrics
1. Likes – easy to count Likes
2. Comments – pics that get the most – post more like it
3. Followers – take note of how many followers you have today
4. Engagement – What % of followers engage with your posts? Divide the number of Likes and Comments by the follower count. You could also keep a spread sheet to monitor this.
5. Clicks – are people clicking thru your IG link on the page? Use a URL shortner to track metrics or Google Analytics. Create a landing page -track conversions.
6. Mentions – Are people talking about your business on IG?
Search for different Instagram hashtags to find out Hashtags
Another tool on the above page Websta Shows the most popular hastags
7. Hash tags that are the Most Popular-
- 1. #Love More than 696 million Instagram posts have the #love hashtag
- 2. #instagood Has appeared on 314 million posts
- 3. #me More than 297 million posts have this
- 4. #tbt For those how to market on Instagram
Which platform is best for you?
I have seen that successful content on one platform isn’t always successful on the other, suggesting that Facebook and Twitter users do engage with different types of content. Likewise Pinterest and Instagram.
One way you can understand this, is by keeping records of the content, I use spread sheets, and how much engagement you get on different platforms. When you have this data, you can look for patterns in what Facebook users are interested in, versus what Twitter users are interested in, or whatever platform you are tracking. This could help you understand what your audience on different platforms are interested in, saving you time and money on successful content. Start with one master that, and add another.
Good article on how to optimize your social profiles
Please comment below. If you would be interested in chatting about social media…
Contact me for a free chat for 20 mins See my contact page.
About Kathryn Maclean
A certified Social Media Campaign specialist using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest.