Exciting Affiliate Programs for the Holidays to Do Now

Why are Affiliate Programs such a popular business model for generating income online?

They allow you to get products together for sale on your online business for a cheap or even free price. I have found some great marketers who are doing just that now. Here are their tips on how they are doing their affiliate marketing for the holidays…

Affiliate Products

If you are looking to increase your holiday sales & holidays shopping, keep these dates in mind.

• Thanksgiving in the USA:   Black Friday
  • Small Business Saturday
  • Cyber Monday and of course
  • CHRISTMAS SPECIALS.

Start your online affiliate sales programs now! Your competitors already have holiday shopping income on their minds. Time to start your affiliate advertising for the holidays… I have a few ideas for you!

Editorial Planner
Holiday Celebrations

Your online affiliate programs for your holiday marketing efforts should include an investment in social media to increase commerce and strengthen your brand reach.  Socializing types of commerce,  such as on Instagram and tapping into the user-generated content on Pinterest are two options.  Facebook remains the biggest in social media in 2017.

Despite the rising popularity of other networks. Most people, from the research I have found, will PLAN ON using  Facebook during the holidays or Pinterest in combination with Affiliate Programs. You go where the customers are.

Brand your social media on Facebook easily with holiday type themes, incorporate holiday hashtags on Twitter and Instagram. Other tactics include using time-limited offers to create a sense of urgency using a countdown timer such as the day sale specials on Black Friday or Cyber Monday that inspires customers to visit your site or Facebook business page.

How To Use Affiliate Programs

How to use Affiliate links from Amazon. Get up to 10% in advertising fees Earn advertising fees from Qualifying Purchases, not just the products you advertised. It’s only a 24 hr cookie. Use the HTML link from Amazon on your blog as I have done with my planner that I am promoting.

PINTEREST

Search on Pinterest for your niche.  “Gift guides for Christmas.”  You will see where they are affiliates for many programs. Click thru to their blogs and gift guides.  or search for things like  “Target affiliate programs”.

Bloggers and soloprenures

Amazon has a rule that you can’t use cloaks such as pretty links for the URLS Use the URL as is. They supply the HTML link for you to use.  Use that on the text side of your blog when you are applying it.

You also can’t use their images as pin images. If they change the HTML  link then it will change on your site as well. You can be shut down by Amazon if you don’t follow their TOS.

The Headlines you use are very important.  Be specific.  “Best Christmas dolls for 3-year-old girls“. Niche down as much a possible. If you purchase something you can add an image of it with little kids playing with it.  Use your keywords as an overlay on the image, in the description itself. Don’t put the year it in the URL of the image, if you want to use next year.

Best Christmas Gift Ideas for Affiliates

• Always disclose that you are showing images with affiliate links before they show up.
  • Use some text to get people interested in what you are selling.
  • Do a review of the product that you purchased and if you endorse it why you are doing so.
  • Know what your audience wants and how this product will help them.

Don’t show the price.   If there is no price they will have to click thru. Highlight the image, center it and connect it to a new tab. If it’s too expensive they just might see something else that they like and will click thru and make a purchase anyway. Add some other items from a few programs that you are an affiliate. What appeals to one person may not to another.

Best Christmas Gift Planners for Bloggers
My example would be the one I purchased.

Create A One Year Blog & Editorial Planner by Meera Kothand.

I am truly excited to have purchased this all in one planner for 2018.  Meera has the best planner I have found in months of searching and I went through many many marketers courses and programs to find hers. ~ Kathryn Maclean

Click the image below to purchase from Amazon.

Editorial planner

Create is a planning and editorial system designed specifically to help ambitious bloggers and solopreneurs like you create intentional content, grow and nurture audience and build a business with your blog.  Meera Kothand

Note: This year Meera has another planner out plus a new book

I have been following Meera and she is such a terrific marketer! I first read an article of hers on Pinterest and was impressed with her knowledge of email marketing.  I signed up for her 5 Day Intensive email series and then continued to Amazon from her site.  Very prolific I have opted in for many of her programs. I recommend her work highly. ~Kathryn

Affiliate programs

Create  I have also used this to connect with my landing page for my affiliate link for the planner.  You can promote this to your Facebook business page also your Facebook personal page. On Twitter, certainly on Pinterest and on Instagram if the size is ok.

Click Image to go to Amazon info page.

Use The End Of The Year To Your Advantage

It’s a perfect time for your fans to get to know you a little more as well as your business a little better. Post pics of your celebrations on your Facebook profile page. Feature items from your site on your Facebook Fan page/Business pages.

Before publishing, (on any social media platform) ask yourself these quick questions:

• Is this post unique enough to stop someone in the feed? I create my own images using Canva to make them special.  Instagram from my PC using  Instamate or just direct using my phone.
  • Does it capture their attention to read/watch/ engage/or share the post? Most shared images are quotes or subjects done on a holiday season theme. Don’t forget Holiday gifts this year.
  • Is this post a personal story /funny video? Visually does it still stand out? Family pics are always unique and if you add text to them they stand out and look great. Online family Christmas cards?

Affiliate programs for you…
This is one of the most profitable ways to make money on the internet. Particularly during the holidays. There are so many discounts and extra special prices  going around for special  days like Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday,

Finding which programs are best can be a lot of work. Which online affiliate programs should you promote? Which products do you use?  Clickbank, Shareasale, JV Zoo? Should you could be an affiliate for Aweber, GetResponse or my fav  Convert Kit? The list goes on and on. It depends on experience. You find what is right for you.

I have a RECOMMENDATIONS    page with Products that I use on my site and some that I am an affiliate for, some are FREE.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

About Kathryn Maclean http://www.facebook.com/marketingofflineonline
A certified Social Media Campaign specialist using Facebook, Twitter Pinterest and  Affiliate Network Marketing.

Comments

1. Hello Kathryn, You have given me some great ideas to get myself out there for the holidays. Great Share.. Thank You.. Chery :))

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Chery,
      Thanks so much. If I can give you ideas that’s saying something.
      Thanks for your comments I appreciate them.

2. Hello Kathryn, I came across your comment on one of my blogs @ onaplatterofgold.com and I think I should return the favour. I like this post on affiliate programs for the holidays. I think I have never heard of PAC before but I am surely going to give it a try. Thanks for the good work!

• kathrynruth says:

Hello Adeyemi,
      I comment on many many blogs. Glad to see you visiting mine.
      PAC is almost 4 years old now. I am the welcome lady there.
      We are closed for the Holidays at present. Open in Jan.
      Do check us out then. Happy Holidays to you.

3. Hi Kathryn, I enjoy affiliate marketing. At one point I thought I wouldn’t but it gave me so many options throughout the year to be creative and share products and services. Thanks for this informative article.

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Lydia,
      Sharing your products and being creative with affiliate ads is enjoyable to me as well.
      Thanks for your comments.

4. Hi Kathryn ,
    with all the offers for Christmas and black Friday and….
    it is really an opportunity for affiliate marketers to make
    good sales . I think it is a great Idea to buy from PAC and
    help other members to make some sales.
    You give good advice how to make offers for this season.
    Erika

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Erika,
      Yes a good idea to buy from our friends at PAC. We also should note that there are specials from time to time that
      need to be included at PAC too. Thanks for commenting!

5. Hello, Thanks for sharing this tips with us. I have just started affiliated marketing and learned a lot from your article.

6. Hi Kathryn,

How do you ever get the time for all you do? Amazing!

Lots of great ideas for making some holiday money here. I appreciate them,
    Edward

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Ed,
      Gee thanks. I own an offline business that is part-time so it gives me lots of time to spend on my online business.
      Suzi Whitfield is to thank for many of the ideas in my article. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate you!

7. it is very good article

8. Hi Kathryn,

I think affiliate marketing is great because you can have such a wide rage of products under your belt for all seasons of the year.

I wish I had started with affiliate marketing instead of developing my own product. It took me weeks to do that and then I realised there was a much better one I could have marketed as an affiliate. And not just one, loads of them!

Thanks for sharing some extra tips that were new to me too.

Joy Healey – Blogging After Dark

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Joy,
      Yes, nice to have a range of products for the year. So many great affiliate marketing products out there. I like products that I have bought and tried myself rather than something on Clickbank etc. Check out Amazon for books to recommend. Thanks for your comments.

9. very informative article

10. Wonderful ideas Kathryn. I’ve really only dabbled in affiliate marketing but you’ve provided some serious inspiration in your post so I’ll have to give it some thought. If not for the holidays, surely for the coming year. Thanks!

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Marquita,
      Thank you for your encouragement. Yes do think of doing some affiliate marketing in the new year. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it.

11. Hi Kathryn

Great ideas! Well affiliate marketing does help alot. I have started with it, lets see what the result is.

12. Hi kathrynruth,
    Excellent stuff here!!

A lot of strategies there for affiliate marketing. I mostly like the FaceBook marketing and Pinterest. I didn’t know about Pinterest but I know now. All thanks to you. Yes, the year-end opportunity we must take advantages. I will follow your strategies and hope will able to fund some extra money in my pocket. Have a great weekend!

• kathrynruth says:

Hi TI,
      I like Facebook marketing and Pinterest the best myself. I hope my strategies help you with your marketing. Thanks for your comment.

13. Hi Kathryn,
    Great post!
    The idea you shared in this post is a cool strategy to really make a lot of money, leveraging on affiliate marketing during the holiday.
    Thanks for sharing.

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Taiwo,
      For once I was ahead of the holiday for my affiliate marketing. Thanks for remarking on my cool strategy. I appreciate your comment.

14. This is a great post. There are great reminders for the blogger to be mindful of.

15. very informative article

16. Hi Kathryn,

One can’t go wrong with affiliate marketing. No matter what business we are in, we can always add affiliate products and/or services to it.

I love the “Amazon” idea especially during the holiday season.

-Donna

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Donna,
      Yes for sure, adding some affiliate links especially around the holiday period for our own products or our services or products we use and love, makes a lot of sense. Amazon is so huge!! We are vying to have Amazon come to Ottawa in the new year. It would create an extraordinary amount of jobs. Thanks for your comments!

17. kathrynruth says:

Monika,
    Thank you for your comment.

18. very informative article

19. Hi Kathryn

Black Friday and Cyber Monday both are amazing festive season for bloggers to make EXTRA DOLLARRRRS and you have mentioned some of the best affiliate products.

I came here late but maybe in next time… I will hurry. 🙂

• Hi Umesh,
      Thanks for your comments. Now that you are aware of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, plan to have something ready for next year.
      Try using some kind of calendar system to plan ahead. I will also be planning ahead for next year.