Exciting Innovative Company Goals for the New Year

Your company goals for your business change…

I learned this year what I didn’t want  -when it came to my business.  I was into way too many things. It took up to much of my time. Can you relate to mindless scrolling through Facebook 5 or more times a day? How many facebook groups do you belong to? I counted over 70, then  I stopped counting…

Exciting Innovative Company Goals for the New Year

To have what you want, you need to recognize what you don’t want. Making way for what you love doing.

So this coming year  3 things you can get rid of:

1) things you did not enjoy  … 75 Facebook groups
2) things that were not profitable enough to do any longer …2 other websites
3) things that  don’t allow the freedom you want … my other business

Take stock of what worked for you and what did not.

Simplify
Doing things with a master plan for your company goals. A good time to work on this.

• What is the goal financially?  How many products or services do you need to do to reach that goal? Start with your calendar, be it online or off. I used Asana to plan my projects on a quarterly basis. Attached to Google Calendar.

How to reach your goal? – Spread the word

On Pinterest, I post every day using an automated service.  I use Tailwind to automate my Pinterest traffic.  On Instagram, I use an automated service Instamate for one of my accounts (my business account) that posts my images that I create using Canva and  Picmonkey.

I use Lumen5 to make my videos. This has worked very well. Looks great!  Free to use too!

Another thing I really like using this year is  Missinglettr. Every one of my posts they turn into pieces that are spread to all of my social media for an entire year. See the image in the sidebar. That is also Free to start.

At some point, you just have to stop listening to all the noise. Focus on doing the things that will drive your business forward to success. It’s fine to listen to how others manage their businesses, but you have to decide how you will manage your own business your way.

Spending less time on things that don’t move the needle for you financially will give you more time to spend on other things that you set up as your priorities for your business. I have a related article on using an editorial calendar here.

Company Goals

First, visualize what it is that you do want. Write that out. This year I want to….

• Make a vision board for what you want. Print images, cut out pics, use special words.
  • Use a calendar to plan your upcoming year with major dates and plug-in projects you want to do each quarter.

Plan your month and days with your blogging objectives…

example – doing a weeks challenge that leads to an ebook you have written that you sell on Amazon.

• Track your numbers and see what works, what gives you the highest ROI.

Blog On A Regular Basis
Publishing a new post on your blog is fine as long as it leads somewhere. Adding links to landing pages for whatever you are promoting.  Get people on your email list with a landing page promoting your product, with an option form. Content upgrades that further the message in your post. You get the idea.

Evergreen posts that drive traffic back to your site work well, even when you don’t publish regularly. Most of my traffic comes from Pinterest and Instagram. Consistent traffic.

Don’t be unsure about the way you do things in your business.  When they aren’t the best fit for the business and your company goals that is the time to reorganize what you are doing. Sometimes you have to change things to move forward, be courageous or things will just stay the same.

Simple Tips to Get Your Marketing Strategy Accomplished. Recommended

If you would like to chat about your business and what you think you need to move forward this year see my contact page.

About Kathryn Maclean    https://www.facebook.com/kathrynrmaclean
A certified Social Media Campaign specialist using Facebook, Twitter Pinterest and Google +. Affiliate Network Marketing using resources such as PAC Power Affiliate Club – PAC Welcome Coordinator.

Comments

1. I Love this. I am so excited for 2018. The reason is because I am wrapping up 2017 strongly and I am raring to go. Let’s do this!

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Dr.Elise,
      So nice to hear that enthusiasm Elise. I too am raring to go so yes let’s do this!!! Merry Christmas – Happy Hanukkah to you and yours.

2. Ah yes, tis that time of year. Great tips and strategies Kathryn. I tried Messinglettr and didn’t have a very good experience but maybe I’ll take another look at it.

I’ve finished my year-end review and goals for the New Year and now I’m wrapping up a few projects that will help me kick off the year right. I’m a planner by nature so I love this stuff.

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Marquita,
      Yes indeed it is that time of year. I am a planner also. I have found a great planner by the way called Create it’s on Amazon if you are interested. Happy Holidays if I don’t hear from you till later.

3. Kathryn,
    This year end is huge for me. I just bought a new printer and a new computer, shifting to Windows 10. I have completed 5 virtual summits in that past 2 years and I have been a featured speaker on about 20 other summits, radio shows and podcasts.
    Now I am ready for change. I no longer want to create a huge summit, expecting everyone to do what they promised in their written agreement – that is, to write only 1 solo email and share on their social media. Many of them did not do that so they benefitted from the sharing that the others did without reciprocating.
    So now I want to do smaller events, join ventures with 1 or 2 other people where we both do our share of the agreed upon tasks.
    And I want to do some offline, live events.
    My goal is to make substantial profit, provide valuable service and benefits to others, and to have lots and lots of support.
    I can no longer do it all myself and be tied down to the computer.
    I have not used any automated systems for social media.
    Thanks for sharing what you use.

The tools and platforms that I love, love, love using are Jing (for screen captures)Logo Creator (for creating memes or images), PicResizr (to resize photos and to change from png or jpg), and Zoom.us (for webinars).

Warmly,
    Dr. Erica

• kathrynruth says:

Dr Erica,
      Smaller events and joint ventures sound like a great idea along with some offline events. Your goal of providing valuable service and benefits without being
      tied down to the computer is admirable. Sounds like you could use help with managing your online presence. Perhaps a person to manage your social media like a VA?
      I also love and use Jing every day. I use Zoom for conference type calls, it’s great. Not familiar with Zoom.us for webinars. Thanks for your excellent comments. Happy holidays.

4. Hi Kathryn

Very nice post! i loved the isea of vision board. am really looking forward to 2018!

Thanks for sharing!

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Sonal,
      A vision board is a great idea.
      You can create one online at Pinterest as a secret board or offline as an actual board next to your computer.
      Happy New Year and I loved your Christmas post, I shared it.

5. Hi Kathryn,

Nice segue into 2018.

So many things to consider, he?

Vision boarding is a great way to pull it all together.

Thanks for mentioning some free tools that’ll help move things along, too.

And yes, one of the most important things is to figure out what you can drop from your work plan.

Trying to go into too many different directions at the same time is certainly a recipe for getting derailed.

-Donna

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Donna,
      We don’t want to be derailed especially starting out in the New Year. Good time to take stock and drop doing things that just weren’t working. I will be working on my vision board for the next year. Love free tools that help. Thanks for your comments. Merry Christmas to you and David!!

6. Hi,

Very nice post, you shared a very nice information for what I am looking for.
    I am amazed no one thought of this before! I have gotten more and better information from you in just a few minutes,Now I am a regular reader of this blog, keep up the good work.
    Thank you!

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Mayuresh,
      I am glad you found what you were looking for in my article. Glad to have you as a regular reader. Thanks for your comment.

7. Hey Kathryn,

I have planned many things and hopefully, everything will go smoothly.

In the last couple of years, I have made many mistakes but it’s the time to do something better for the company.

Thanks for sharing with us.

~Ravi

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Ravi,
      Nice to see you commenting. We all plan many things and we all make mistakes. I think it’s how we learn, from our mistakes. I hope I have given you some ideas to do something for your company.
      All the best to you. Thanks for your comment.

8. Your selection of topic is very good and also well written. Thanks for sharing with us most effective information.

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Imran,
      Thank you on the “well-written” comment. I am an Expert Author with PAC. You can find out more about that on my site. We have members worldwide.

9. HI

Thank you so much for sharing this.
    I really like the way you explained things to us,
    I learned alot just by reading your blogs, thanks again.

Thank You.

• kathrynruth says:

Hi Mayuresh,
      Thanks for your comment. I do try and explain things as basically as possible.
      You don’t really know who will be reading your site so if you use big technical terms most people will not understand.
      Thank You for commenting.

10. Loved the way you have written this article. The Content is really Amazing, as I also write on such topics and really appreciate the quality of your article.